Monday, March 28, 2011

For Today -

 Outside my window... Light! The hour change has made a big difference and at 7.30pm it is still daylight. So different from those dark evenings.

I am thinking... Of how I am facing another challenge and one that hurts! I am praying and trusting that He will help me through all of this. So many valleys and storms that come so unexpectedly.This problem has caused me to "wobble" and those old anxiety feelings from what seemed so long ago have hit again. Not a comfortable place to be.I am also thinking that although this is such a hard place to be at, many millions of people have it far worse than I do. I am reminded of these bible verses:


Beloved,think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,as though some strange thing happened to you.

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's suffering: that,when His glory shall be revealed,ye may be glad also with exceeeding joy.
                                                   1 Peter 4:12-13


I am thankful for...That He is is still teaching and showing me I am truly a work in progress. I do not know why this latest problem has come and it was something I never thought I would face.There will be learning and growth as I go through all of this.

 From the learning rooms...Never take anything for granted. The Lord will use every opportunity, every storm and valley to glorify and praise His precious name. He will use our testimony to help others to come to know Him.

 From the kitchen... Hmm-I am waiting to see. My daughter Natalie,James her partner and baby Taio are coming here and will cook a meal for me!

I am wearing... A white top and black pants and a navy cardigan.

I am creating...Working on a another small cross stitch project. Needless to say I still am working on all the other unfinished projects too!!

 I am going...To have my hair trimmed tomorrow evening. My hairdresser will come to the house so a good service for me.

I am reading... My bible. Magazines and devotional.

I am hoping... That my sister and her family will be able to come over from Georgia for my daughters wedding in two weeks. This has been a problem for them with funds and time off from work.

I am hearing... The tv on low and the laptop keys as I type.

Around the house... Reminders of  family and friends. My angel collection and my candles burning.Blessings abound!

One of my favorite things...Time I spend with my family and my hunny.

 A few plans for the rest of the week...A hair appointment. Look for shoes and accessories. Relaxing and cross stitching.

 Here is a picture thought I am sharing... A trip out to Henley-On-Thames last week. A beautiful place to visit!





To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your list of blessings,
    Linda. I understand about old feelings
    trying to resurface and get your mind
    off of His promises and truth. Stand
    strong!
    Hope your week is wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your sister will be able to join your family for the wedding!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. We studied the passage from I Peter this past week in Sunday School. The fiery trial....wouldn't we all like to just pass on those? Yet, Peter tells us they are not strange occurrences, but opportunities for us to know God more intimately and love Him more deeply. Where would I be without the lessons I've learned in those times of fiery trials? I would be walking aimlessly and without so much of the understanding I now have of who God is and how He works in my life to draw me closer to Him and how He uses me to draw others closer to Him. So, it's not a strange thing that I have trials, yet a pre-arranged meeting with the Creator so I can gain understanding and walk more closely to Him. I am so thankful He loves me enough to allow those times to come! Have a blessed week!

    Many hugs...........

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. We learn so much more in the darkness.. I do not know why it is that way.. but it seems that in the fire we draw closer to HIM.... I will pray tonight for you and pray that HE comes quickly to rescue you......

    blessings.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda
    I am praying for you today as I have just read this post.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Linda ~ So sorry you are in the midst of a trial. How precious it is that you are looking to the LORD through it all! I will pray for you right now. Keep on looking to our Wonderful Saviour...HE is in complete control and working all things out for your good and HIS glory! (See Romans 8:28)

    In HIS Love,
    Camille
    (Jeremiah 29:11-14a)

    ReplyDelete