Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For Today -

Outside my window... Beautiful sunshine streaming through the window! Still cold however and a sharp frost this morning.

I am thinking...Of my daughter's wedding which will take place on April 9th. So much to do and this is a busy time for us all. Can you believe I still have not managed to find an outfit to wear that I like!!

 I am thankful for... The many blessings the Lord has poured on me! In all my storms and all those valley times I have seen His grace,His mercy and His help to get me through all of it! He has been with me every step of the way.Again and again I cling to these verses.


Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
                         Proverbs 3:5-6

From the learning rooms...That we go through tough times to make us stronger! The Lord will never give us more than He knows we can handle.I look back on the past two years and in me I see tremendous growth! I needed this valley time to grow!Thank you Lord.

From the kitchen... Cereal,toast with honey and cups of tea! I love my cup of tea!

I am wearing... My pj's and dressing gown.

I am creating...Memories as I capture pictures when I spend time with my family. I was thinking how quickly children grow up! My little grandson Callum age 3 looked so grown up in the photos I took a few days ago!

 I am going... To wait for a furniture delivery. We are expecting a new sofa and chair and footstool today. Managed to get these in the sale and they will be so comfortable-ones that you can just sink into.Well not the footstool!!.....lol.

I am reading... My bible,my devotional book and trying to catch up with my ever growing pile of magazines.

I am hoping... That I can get out in the beautiful sunshine for awhile today but this is pending the furniture delivery. You do not get an exact delivery time so you just wait!

I am hearing... My hunny playing his x-box game. Traffic going by outside.

Around the house... Space ready to receive the new furniture.My flowers from Valentines day as fresh as the day I got them and this is now almost a month!! Beautiful!

One of my favorite things... Me time and tomorrow I plan on a relaxing day. Stitching,reading and watching some recorded shows.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Busy busy! Must try to get my outfit for my daughter's wedding. Laundry and cleaning house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... Views from my hotel balcony on my recent trip to Sheffield.










To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pix, Linda! How exciting to be awaiting new furniture! And you're absolutely right that tough times make us stronger! God knows what He's doing to draw us closer to Him! Congratulations to your daughter on her upcoming wedding! Hoping you find the perfect outfit to wear! Hugs & Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. I plan to take some today of our trees in bloom.
    I love tea too! Wouldn't it be fun to have a cup together.
    You will find that perfect outfit;don't stress! I did each time a daughter married! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be doing the same thing in the
    next few months--looking for a dress
    for my younger son's wedding. Hope
    we both find something just lovely.
    Enjoyed your blessings today.
    Shalom,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life without pain would leave us shallow individuals with little appreciation for all the Lord holds for us when we lean completely into Him. The valleys are difficult, but the rewards are ever so sweet! Beautiful post!

    Many hugs.......

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that your girl is getting married! Don't worry Linda...you will find the *perfect* outfit! I *love* tea too...you know that already I think. :) Enjoy the weekend my friend!

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been in my thoughts lately and wanted to let you know...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.....A WEDDING! :> ) Both of our girls were married in 2007 within 6 weeks of each other....EEEEKKK! That was something! Bean was married March 9th and Goose April 19th. Don't worry.....I know you will find the PERFECT dress!

    I too, love your photographs. You have quite the eye!

    Wonderful post!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings, I love your photos and your daughter's wedding will take place on my granddaughters birthday. I think you will be a beautiful mother of the bride.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Linda I have been MIA, but your daughter's wedding is going to be on my birthday. I hope she has a lovely wedding and great weather too. I hope you find that perfect pretty dress, it's so hard sometimes to find a dress I like these days. Have a great week. big hugs

    ReplyDelete