Monday, February 21, 2011

For Today -

Outside my window... Dark as evening time. It was a dreary and wet day today.

I am thinking... That I have to keep trusting,I have to keep my faith that the Lord will work my problems out for me according to His will.

 I am thankful for...The list is so very long and I would be here for so many hours if I were to list all my blessings here today. Thankful for my precious family and my wonderful supportive and treasured friends.A BIG thank you to Judy who is always there for me with an encouraging word,advice and so much support as trials continue.

 From the learning rooms... That when in the valley's there will always be a mountain top to look forward to. I am reminded of:


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
                                     Romans 8:28


 and another bible verse that I cling to:


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight,O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.
                           Psalm19:14

From the kitchen... Chicken with cheese topping,mashed potatoes,vegetables and garlic mushrooms. No dessert tonight but a mug of hot chocolate will come later this evening! Yummy!

I am wearing... A red top and blue jeans.

I am creating... Memories and more memories.

I am going...To go to Sheffield and I haven't been here before. It will be good to get away and see another part of our beautiful country. I will love taking photos of my trip during my time away.

 I am reading... My bible and devotion book.Still have so many magazines to catch up with too.

I am hoping... That soon I will be able to move forward and to get closure on my job situation. I am praying and  trusting the Lord.

I am hearing... The tv as Escape to the Country is on. I love this programme as the presenter takes people around various places as they pursue their quest to relocate to the country.The houses are so lovely and the countryside so picturesque.

Around the house... My beautiful vase of flowers and balloon from my hunny for Valentines day. So pretty and love the colours and different flowers in the bunch.Roses,carnations and daisies.

One of my favorite things...Always a trip out to a place I have not visited before.I need a little chilling time too so this trip is so welcome!

 A few plans for the rest of the week...My trip to Sheffield and spending time with my hunny and family. So much to catch up with and dealing with important issues.

 Here is a picture thought I am sharing... A photo of my grandbaby Taio having fun with his daddy James.




To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your time away to
    Sheffield and that you hear soon
    about your job situation.
    Taio has to keep a big smile on
    your face I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love to go to new places.. It is one of my favorite things to do..... Me and my sweet husband like to just get in the car and head out...... We have not been able to do that in such a long time and we are looking forward to summer.... Three day weekends are such a wonderful time to unwind.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    It's been a while since I read a post from you, and this one is good. ALways good... you do know how to keep life simple and real. I love the gentle spirit that I sense in you.

    The trip to Sheffield looks promising... post a few pictures. England is so lovely... when I was in university I always dreamed of someday living in England and marrying an Englishman. My pastor and his wife were from England, and a good missionary lady was my Bible study partner for many years. I have a soft spot for English people. My close friend here is a woman named Trudi. She comes from Plymouth...

    Well... the grandbaby is so cute. HOw old is he?

    Blessings!

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear LInda, By now you are probably in Sheffied, hopefully enjoying your time away. May the Lord's Spirit renew and refresh you. I too love going to new places. My mother's dining room set has the name Sheffield on it-so your post made me smile. Your grandson is adorable. Blessings to you this day!
    Looking forward to seeing photos when you return.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! What a great smile! That chicken dinner sounds yummy! Hope all turns out well for you with your job...

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete