Monday, September 6, 2010

For Today -

Outside my window... Getting a late start to this post so dark outside!

I am thinking... How tired I am! Being back to work after my surgery and long time off from work has been hard for me. I am now wondering how did I manage to work all those long and unsocial hours before? My job as an RN is not a job where hours are social or Monday to Friday.

I am thankful for... Bubble baths!! I plan on taking one as soon as I finish posting here. How I love those relaxing times soaking in a tub full of perfumed bubbles!

From the learning rooms...That just enough is enough!! God has been so good to me and has seen me through some very tough times over the past couple of years.He has blessed me beyond measure-I am so thankful! I am reminded of:


A blessing,if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God,which I command you this day.
                             Deuteronomy 11:27

                          and


Oh give thanks unto the Lord: for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever.
                            Psalm 118:29

                                                     

 From the kitchen... A ham and cheese salad and mango for dessert.

I am wearing...A grey top and blue jeans.

 I am creating... Working on my latest cross stitch and enjoying this. The verse is about blessings.

I am going... To get up later  tomorrow morning. This will be so good as it has been a long time since I had  a lie in!  I am not at work tomorrow!

I am reading...My bible and a devotional for women. Also catching up with reading some magazines.

I am hoping... That I can take a trip to the Lake District before the weather gets colder. My daughter and her partner just came back from there a couple of days ago and they loved it! The photos were wonderful and amazing scenery!

I am hearing...The rain lashing against the window. It is pouring and already the roads flooded.

 Around the house...So many reminders of God's richest blessings! Photos of family and so much more.

One of my favorite things...A day at home just relaxing and having a pj day.

 A few plans for the rest of the week... I am still playing catch up with my snail mailing-4 letters sitting on my table from over week ago ready to be mailed.Watching my recorded shows too.

 Here is a picture thought I am sharing... A photo of my adorable grandson Taio James. I am going to share two photos taken a  couple of days ago when Daddy was celebrating his birthday.Taio was enjoying his daddy's balloons!










To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

5 comments:

  1. We dont pay enough attention to simple pleasures. I just posted about learning to be still. Goes right along with this!
    Blessings & thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so sweet! Yes, it is important to enjoy the simple pleasures. I hope your bubble bath is one of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple things in life. I can't tell you how much joy I get just from sitting and watching my chickens run around the yard! lol

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is getting so big Linda..my goodness. more beautiful as the days go by that precious one.

    He has blessed me beyond measure-I am so thankful! amen amen amen girl!!

    I told Randy about him working so many hours and how God allowed him to do that contract work for a bit to prepare him for these long hours.....He is starting to get used to it now...thank God.....

    I adore bubble baths..had one this weekend...their the best aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you so much for the follow...
    Hope to get to know you better..
    What a Blessing from God for His direction in finding ASWDB and wonderful women like you!!!
    Praising Him ...
    Blessings and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete