Monday, August 23, 2010

For Today -

Outside my window... It is dark as I am getting a really late start to my post today.

I am thinking... About the torrential rain today! So sunny and then it poured and poured with rain!! I happened to be out in it too downtown-I had no coat and I ended up soaked! After a sizzling few months this was to be expected! England can always be relied upon for rain!

I am thankful for...The chance to relax a little this evening. I have just gotten off from work and I can check my e-mail and post here.The past few weeks have been so hectic and I have had very little free time to post on my blog or e-mail and visit blogs.

 From the learning rooms...That I still have decisions to make and trusting the Lord to guide me and to show me what He has in His plans for me.Isn't it easy to see a window open after that door closed and still to feel that this is open for a reason. Trusting and hoping that soon the way will be clear.

 From the kitchen...Nothing tonight as I had dinner at work. Just enjoying a cup of tea-a favourite of mine.

 I am wearing... My nurses uniform.

I am creating...Memories. These are always so special and I love capturing the moment in photos and journals.

 I am going...To make James birthday special by arranging with the hotel in the Lake District to decorate their room.  James is my daughters partner.I plan on birthday banners and balloons and decorations to celebrate the birth of Baby Taio my beautiful grandson. They are going to stay there for a small vacation in September for a few days.I am thinking about the surprise on their faces when they walk into their hotel room and see the decorations.

I am reading... My bible and catching up with some magazines. So many to read!

I am hoping... That the weather will be better tomorrow.

I am hearing... The sound of the tv as my hunny watches a football match. He is feeling despondent as the team he supports is losing.

Around the house...More angels being added to my ever growing angel collection. I have collected angels for many years and have a huge collection. I have them all around the house.I am reminded of a favourite bible verse:


"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

                               Hebrews 13:2



 One of my favorite things... Time with family.I love these times when I can visit my daughters and their children.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Work mostly this week. I hope to have some "me" time too.Snail mail and catch up with recorded programmes.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


A photo of Taio James my grandson age 5 weeks.




To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

3 comments:

  1. Your grandson is absolutely adorable! Enjoy your time relaxing and catching up! Love those kind of days!! God bless you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda~

    Spending time with family is my most favorite thing to do. Time goes by so quickly!

    Taio is BEAUTIFUL!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    What an adorable little grandson! Oh my goodness!!! As a Grandma to two grandgirls I know the JOY!!!

    I enjoyed reading more about you and what you're up to!!

    Enjoy your family and the LORD!!!

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete